Music Sight Reading Method – Part Two
Here is an excerpt from Part Two,
Music Sight Reading Method…
This part is rhythm exercises dealing in the following time signatures:
PART II – TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 4/4 Four beats to the measure
- 3/4 Three beats to the measure
- 3/8 Three beats to the measure
- 6/8 Six beats to the measure
- 3/8 One beat to the measure
- 6/8 Two beats to the measure
- 9/8 Three beats to the measure
Only the eyes, hands and feet are involved.
I used this method with my theory class. They met for an hour each day. They couldn’t get past exercise 12 in the 4/4 section as a group with accuracy.
After four days on the method they were doing these exercises as a group and doing them perfectly:
My instructions must be followed exactly.